Louis H. Berman, DDS, FACD
Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Dr. Berman received his dental degree from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, and his Certificate in Endodontics from The Albert Einstein Medical Center, a hospital-based endodontic residency program. He is Clinical Associate Professor of Endodontics at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry and a Clinical Instructor and Guest Lecturer at The Albert Einstein Medical Center. He has lectured internationally in the field of endodontics, and has published in several different national dental journals, including the Journal of the American Dental Association, Journal of Endodontics, Journal of Periodontics, Journal of General Dentistry, and the Journal of the Maryland State Dental Association. He is past president of the Maryland State Association of Endodontics and is a member of the Journal of Endodontics Scientific Advisory Board.
Dr. Berman is the senior author for the chapter on Diagnosis in the ninth, tenth and current eleventh edition of the leading endodontic textbook, Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp, where he is also the co-editor, available in 16 different languages
He is also the senior editor and contributing author of the comprehensive textbook, Dental Traumatology, which has since been translated into Spanish and Japanese.
A board certified endodontist and Fellow of the American College of Dentistry, Dr. Berman has been in full time private practice in Annapolis, Maryland for the past thirty-five years.
(Note that many of these publications were written in conjunction with other authors
Challenge of C-shaped Canal Systems: A Comparative Study of the Self-Adjusting File and ProTaper. Michael Solomonov, DMD, Frank Paqu, DMD, Bing Fan, DDS, Yuval Eilat, DMD, Louis H. Berman, DDS, J Endodontics, 38 (2) 209-14, 2012.
- Failing before starting: when not to do Endodontics. Berman LH. Gen Dent. Nov-Dec;58(6):529-33, 2010
Endodontic Prognosis Assessment , Berman LH, Alpha Omegan, 104 (1/2) 12-17, 2011
Adaptive 3D Endodontics, Levin M, Berman L, Cohen S. Inside Dentistry, June 2011.
- Three dimensional cleaning, shaping and disinfection: a paradigm shift in endodontics. Berman, LH, Cohen, S, Metzger Z, Basrani B, Oral Health Journal, April 2011.
The SAF Endo System: adaptive 3-D cleaning, shaping, and disinfection. Endodontic Practice, p 34-38, March-April, 2011
Fracture Necrosis: Diagnosis, Prognosis Assessment, and Treatment Recommendations, Berman, LH and Kuttler, S, Journal of Endodontics, Volume 36, Issue 3, Pages 442-446, 2010
- Obturation with Heat and Vibration: The DownPak deviceCohen S, Berman LH, General Dentistry,56, (2), pp 194198, Mar/Apr 2008.
- The Cutting Edge of Endodontics: Cohen and Berman, Quintescence 2007
- A Demographic Analysis of Vertical Root Fractures: Journal of Endodontics, December 2006
- Textbook: Dental Traumatology, Mosby, 2006. Senior Editor and Contributing Author
- Textbook Chapter: Pathways of the Pulp (9th and 10th edition), 2006 and 2010: Mosby, by Cohen and Hargreaves, Chapter on Diagnosis, Senior Author
- Vertical Root Fractures: co-author with Cohen and Blanco, JADA, April 2003
- Early radiographic diagnosis of inflammatory root resorption: J. General Dentistry, May-June, 2003, pages 235-240.
- Contemporary concepts in endodontics: 2003 and beyond: J. General Dentistry, May-June, 2003, pages 224-230
- Endodontics in the 90s: Journal of the MD State Dental Association, Summer 1997
- Dentinal Sensation and Hypersensitivity: Journal of Periodontology, April 1985
- Evaluation of Accuracy of the Neosono-D Electronic Apex Locator: Journal of Endodontics, April 1984
- Intrapulpal Innervation, Dentin Sensation, and Dentinal Hypersensitivity: Albert Einstein Medical Center, 1983
- Intrinsic Staining and Hyperplastic Enamel: Journal of General Dentistry, December 1982
Endodontic Management of Hemophiliacs: Albert Einstein Medical Center, 1982